The Greater Baton Rouge Industry Alliance, Inc. (GBRIA) Craft Workforce Development Awards acts as both an awards and benchmarking program. This program was developed in 2007 through a joint effort of GBRIA’s Contractor Workforce Development Committee, Board of Directors and local contractors. The program has been designed to promote best practices to improve the skills and retention of craft personnel in the region and to recognize and reward contractors, member plants, schools, educators and other individuals who contribute to recruitment, assessment, training, career path education and retention efforts. GBRIA’s Craft Workforce Development Awards offers awards for the following groups: Mechanical and Electrical Contractors; Civil and Structural Contractors; other Specialty Contractors; Industrial Plants/Facilities; High Schools and Individual Champions. These awards support one of GBRIA’s strategic objectives to ensure access to a competitive and skilled company and contract workforce
This award is presented at the discretion of the committee to GBRIA Member Facilities, Educators, Post-secondary institutions, Individuals or Organizations who have demonstrated special initiatives or accomplishments in craft workforce development.
To nominate a GBRIA Member Facility, plants may self-nominate, receive a nomination or will be considered for nomination upon a nomination submission for a contractor or high school. If nominating a plant for a champion award, please consider the following:
- The quality of their descriptions of contractors (i.e. the plants’ involvement in fostering craft workforce development at the site
- The number of contractors submitted for awards, both workforce and safety
- Participation of plant employees on GBRIA committees
- External information about the company’s efforts with area schools such as donations, tutoring, mentoring programs, etc.
- Participation and representation in GBRIA’s 4 major events.
- Participation in ABC’s, union, NCCER or other cents/hour training funding program.
To nominate an educator, post-secondary institution, individual or organization, submit the nomination form. If nominating a champion, please consider the following:
- An accomplishment in his/her field, i.e. an educator
- Lifetime/career accomplishment
- Accomplishment of something innovative or large in scope
The Greater Baton Rouge Industry Alliance (GBRIA) is a trade association, 501 (c)(6) non-profit organization with a membership of 60+ industrial facilities in the Greater Baton Rouge Region.
8555 United Plaza Blvd., Suite 202, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70809
GBRIA’s mission is to drive solutions to common issues with an emphasis on Safety Performance and Workforce Development