Safety Excellence Awards
The Greater Baton Rouge Industry Alliance is excited to annouce the opening of nominations for our 2021 Safety Excellence Awards! If there is ever a year to look back to identify the contractors that went above and beyond for our industry it is this year. Nominations will be open until February 12th. Eligibility requires below.
The Greater Baton Rouge Industry Alliance (GBRIA) Safety Excellence Awards have been a staple in the Baton Rouge area since 1996. The awards banquet is an opportunity for GBRIA member sites to nominate those companies who’ve performed work in their facilities and committed themselves to nothing less than safety excellence in their operations. To be nominated for such an award is a great honor and a show of recognition of the great strides contractors have made to keep their workers safe and families whole.
In 1996, when the awards banquet concept was made a reality it was by the work of GBRIA’s Board of Directors, but specifically by Mr. Hal Ginn. It is because of Mr. Ginn’s vision for safe workplaces that we can come together and celebrate safety success stories. Thus, the creation of the coveted Hal Ginn Award. The finalist for this award comes from each division winner, and ultimately the company that shines the brightest takes home this award for excellence.
General Construction & Maintenance
Crane & Rigging
Specialty Trade Soft Crafts
Specialty Trade Hard Crafts
1st Place – Award of Excellence
2nd Place – Award of Merit
3rd Place – Award of Recognition
Community Service Award
Hal G. Ginn Award
To be eligible for consideration at the 2021 GBRIA Safety Excellence Awards, contractors must:
- Be nominated by a GBRIA member site by February 12, 2021
- Have a current GBRIA or Houston Business Roundtable (HBR) Contractor Safety Audit on file within the past three (3) years (January 01, 2018 – present)
- Complete the Nominated Contractor Questionnaire by February 26, 2021.
Nominated companies will be required to submit the following data:
- Company category
- Company NAICS code
- 2020-2018 man-hours worked
- 2020-2018 number of OSHA citations
- 2020-2018 number of worker’s compensation claims
- 2020-2018 OSHA recordable cases
- 2020-2018 OSHA recordable rates
- Most current Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) TRIR
- Average for your NAICS code
- Indication of which years data used for above TRIR
- List partnerships your company has initiated or continued in 2020 (i.e. VPP)
- Briefly, describe involvement in local safety-related organizations (i.e. ABC,
ASSP, AGC, etc.)
- List other industry-recognized safety awards received in 2020
- Other questions that the GBRIA Safety, Health, and Security Committee may deem necessary
**If you’d like to be considered for the Community Service Award or the Innovation Award, a 1-2 page write-up shall be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 26, 2021.**
Submit your company logo, preferably PNG file
** Any application received after the deadline will be immediately disqualified from consideration
** Any fatality in 2020 will immediately disqualify a contractor from placing in their division/category.
Sponsorship & Registration
Contact Brandon Smith for more information
Table for 10 - Premium Table Placement
Premium branding for your company throughout the event
Table for 10
Company logo placed on signage, in program, and on PowerPoint
Company logo placed in the program
Company logo placed in the program
Table for 10 &
The Greater Baton Rouge Industry Alliance (GBRIA) is a trade association, 501 (c)(6) non-profit organization with a membership of 60+ industrial facilities in the Greater Baton Rouge Region.
8555 United Plaza Blvd., Suite 202, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70809
GBRIA’s mission is to drive solutions to common issues with an emphasis on Safety Performance and Workforce Development