Safety Excellence Awards
The Greater Baton Rouge Industry Alliance is proud to announce the winners of the 2020 Safety Excellence Awards. Since 1996, GBRIA has brought together members of the industrial community to celebrate the achievements of both our member companies and the industrial contractors who perform the critical work necessary to keep our facilities safe and efficient.
This year will be one for the record books, in more ways than imaginable. GBRIA was set to host our annual safety excellence awards banquet in April of this year, right as the world responded to the threat of COVID-19. Out of an abundance of caution, the in-person event was canceled, but that did not stop our desire to showcase the nominees and award winners so their hard work did not go unnoticed.
This year’s Safety Excellence Awards program represents 48 nominated contractors from 27 member plants. The nominees represent contractors involved in every facet of plant operations and all boasted impressive safety records over the past year. Please join us in congratulating all of those who were nominated and those who are receiving an award.
The Greater Baton Rouge Industry Alliance (GBRIA) Safety Excellence Awards have been a staple in the Baton Rouge area since 1996. The awards banquet is an opportunity for GBRIA member sites to nominate those companies who’ve performed work in their facilities and committed themselves to nothing less than safety excellence in their operations. To be nominated for such an award is a great honor and a show of recognition of the great strides contractors have made to keep their workers safe and families whole.
In 1996, when the awards banquet concept was made a reality it was by the work of GBRIA’s Board of Directors, but specifically by Mr. Hal Ginn. It is because of Mr. Ginn’s vision for safe workplaces that we can come together and celebrate safety success stories. Thus, the creation of the coveted Hal Ginn Award. The finalist for this award comes from each division winner, and ultimately the company that shines the brightest takes home this award for excellence.
General Construction & Maintenance
Crane & Rigging
Specialty Trade Soft Crafts
Specialty Trade Hard Crafts
1st Place – Award of Excellence
2nd Place – Award of Merit
3rd Place – Award of Recognition
Community Service Award
Hal G. Ginn Award
To be eligible for consideration at the 2020 GBRIA Safety Excellence Awards, contractors must:
- Be nominated by a GBRIA member site by February 13, 2020
- Have a current GBRIA or Houston Business Roundtable (HBR) Contractor Safety Audit on file within the past three (3) years (January 01, 2017 – March 5, 2020)
- Complete the Nominated Contractor Questionnaire by March 5, 2020. (not open until after nominations close)
Nominated companies will be required to submit the following data:
- Company category
- Company NAICS code
- 2019 – 2017 man-hours worked
- 2019 – 2017 number of OSHA citations
- 2019 – 2017 number of worker’s compensation claims
- 2019 – 2017 OSHA recordable cases
- 2019 – 2017 OSHA recordable rates
- Most current Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) Total Case Incident Rate (TCIR)
- Average for your NAICS code
- Indication of which years data used for above TCIR
- List partnerships your company has initiated or continued in 2019 (i.e. VPP)
- Briefly, describe involvement in local safety-related organizations (i.e. ABC,
ASSP, AGC, etc.)
- List other industry-recognized safety awards received in 2019
- Other questions that the GBRIA Safety, Health, and Security Committee may deem necessary
**If you’d like to be considered for the Community Service Award, a 1-2 page write-up shall be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 5, 2020.**
Submit your company logo, preferably PNG file (uploaded directly to SurveyMonkey)
** Any application received after the deadline will be immediately disqualified from consideration
** Any fatality in 2019 will immediately disqualify a contractor from placing in their division/category.
Sponsorship & Registration
Contact Brandon Smith for more information
Table for 10 - Premium Table Placement
Premium branding for your company throughout the event
Table for 10
Company logo placed on signage, in program, and on PowerPoint
Company logo placed in the program
Company logo placed in the program
Table for 10 &
The Greater Baton Rouge Industry Alliance (GBRIA) is a trade association, 501 (c)(6) non-profit organization with a membership of 60+ industrial facilities in the Greater Baton Rouge Region.
8555 United Plaza Blvd., Suite 202, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70809
GBRIA’s mission is to drive solutions to common issues with an emphasis on Safety Performance and Workforce Development